Senior Manager, Analytics Engineering
San Diego or San Francisco, CA
The Manager, Analytics Implementation position is responsible for a team of client-facing analytics Implementation Developers requiring technical and business/marketing skills. This role will lead a group of individual contributors to define excellent service at all points in implementation projects. The successful candidate will take the responsibility to serve as a point of escalation for both business and technical challenges throughout any project. In so doing, they will contribute to the delivery of projects across a portfolio of several PlayStation verticals. While not a programming position, it is a technical job with constant customer interaction. Further, there are business management responsibilities including Agile project management, representing the team in cross-functional forums, and light contributions to budget management. As a people manager, the candidate will manage not just the day-to-day tasks of direct reports, but also their long-term development, including fiscal year goals, assessing performance, and creating opportunities for skill improvement. A successful candidate will, in short, have the experience and vision to set the bar for where Analytics Implementation Developers should aim to reach. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
• Communicate confidently and proactively with stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
• Manage multiple client engagements simultaneously
• Manage customer expectations appropriately and keep projects on schedule and within scope
• Review direct reports' analytics implementation strategies in response to client business requirements and KPIs
• Technical documentation writing, telemetry concept overviews, and business/executive presentations
• Advise key stakeholders and drive client success for critical business impact drivers
• Direct reports in program management and Agile development process to ensure reliable delivery and program consistency
• Provide mentorship to team members and assist in technical discussion with engineering stakeholders to resolve issues
• Provide business mentorship to team members to promote clear and concise data delivery work, dashboards/visualizations, and business communication across the portfolio
• Contribute to business leadership functions of team including volume-based cost projections and estimations
• 5-7 years' experience working in analytics or software engineering
• Extensive experience working with Adobe Analytics or similar tools
• Managerial experience as an analytics implementation team lead
• Web development experience
• Solid understanding of common analytics use cases including KPI development, dashboard creation, online marketing, advertising technology, digital attribution, experimentation, and media consumption
• Passion for the internet domain and use of technology to solve business problems
• Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success
• Possess an innovative, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented mindset
• Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be a team player, and manage change effectively
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience in large-scale software engineering organizations (Agile or related experience)
• Experience with Adobe Experience Cloud (Adobe Analytics, Adobe Customer Journey Analytics, Adobe Experience Platform, Adobe Target, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Launch)
• Experience with Snowflake, Databricks, DOMO, Tableau, Datorama, and/or AWS
• Conversion optimization consulting experience
• Experience in React Native or similar frameworks
• Experience with custom schema definition using Snowplow, Segment, Google Analytics 4 or similar
• Working experience with collaborative source code management using Github or similar
• Web API usage experience
• Master's degree in business or other related advanced education
• Japanese language proficiency and working experience strongly preferred
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp067e-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.