IT Security Analyst
San Diego, CA
This is a Data Engineer role with technical leadership responsibilities in the Data Platform Engineering group, responsible for development of PlayStation Network's Data Platform and Analytics solutions. We are looking for a seasoned Data Engineer with a strong background in AWS, software development, and automation skills to build best-in-class scalable, highly available data warehouse solutions to enable our fast-growing business through data and insights.
• You will play a senior role in design, development, automation, and quality related solutions, working closely with teams across PlayStation.
• This position requires extensive hands-on technical domain expertise in data infrastructure within the AWS ecosystem, along with excellent communication skills.
• You will be part of a team building data and software solutions to reshape the platform so that it can easily be consumed in real-time as well as batch.
• You will participate in product road-map discussions and identify key areas for improvement.
• Mentor junior engineers to ensure we all deliver awesome!
• BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years experience in software development using Java, Scala or Python programming, design, and analysis.
• Experience with distributed processing systems such as Apache Spark.
• Experience in distributed Database technology such as Redshift/Snowflake,
• Experience with AWS Big Data technologies such as Kinesis, Lambda, Firehose, Dynamo DB, Athena/Presto.
• Experience delivering high performance, active-active, scalable services.
• Strong foundation in data engineering, data structures and software design.
• Possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.