Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Do you have a passion for leading QA teams through delivering exceptional products to the customers? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for a QA Lead to drive robust product releases to our customers while managing a highly skilled team of QA Engineers.
• Oversee quality engineering of customer-facing applications in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Lead and manage a technical team of onsite QA and SDET engineers.
• Manage collaboration with offsite teams ensuring adherence to QA processes and quality of deliverables.
• Owns building and setting up Test Automation frameworks to test PlayStation console features.
• Writes automation scripts for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevents regressions in the product code.
• Partners with other stakeholders to ensure test coverage and builds test plans that help deliver high quality features
• Able to guide QA oriented technical decisions in the team and be able to review testplans and automation code.
• Define and improve QA processes such as identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements.
• Coordinate and manage complex QA activities on the project, collaborating with various members across different locations and provide approvals for releases.
• Provide timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion.
• Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering.
• Conduct performance evaluations of direct reports helping guide them towards their career growth and help with hiring new team members.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
• 8+ years experience of quality Engineering and/or test engineering experience including some experience as a technical lead
• At least 1-2 years successful software QA management experience
• Hands-on experience with creating test strategies, test plans, and conducting testing through both manual and automated means
• Significant experience in developing automation artifacts including test frameworks from scratch using any Object Oriented programming language on both web and mobile platforms
• Experience leading both onshore and offshore teams
• Managed multiple product releases from QA perspective from start to finish
• Experience with process development/improvements and successful implementation
• Experience working with various stakeholders across multiple teams
• CI/CD experience, preferably using Jenkins
• Working knowledge of QA in Agile methodologies
• Knowledge of performance and stress testing
Soft skills (Non-Technical):
• Strong talent development and leadership skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly effective problem solver
• Willingness to learn and implement new processes
• Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated, independent, and proactive
• Hands on experience with tools such as Docker and AWS
• Experience working with console or set-top box devices
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxo8m1-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.