Staff Site Reliability Engineer
San Diego, CA
Project Manager (Contract)
This is a 12-month contracted position through our staffing partner Yoh Services with a high likelihood of extension.
Sony PlayStation's Visual Arts Services Group (VASG) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios such as Insomniac Games, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, Bend Studio, Guerilla Games, Sucker Punch Productions and more! Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partner with the industry's best talent and companies to ensure our titles lead the industry. Join us and help craft your journey into the future of PlayStation and the amazing content which has defined and set the bar for gaming.
This role reports directly to the Senior Manager of Production.
• Lead all aspects of day-to-day production issues with our internal team in all aspects of development - animation, art, design, outsourcing, tech, etc.
• Support Senior Project Managers and department lead(s) and by coordinating, prioritizing, and scheduling resources to ensure tasks are complete and on schedule.
• Provide regular status updates to department lead(s), project manager, and sr. project manager
• Facilitate cross-discipline and interdepartmental communication to complete tasks and resolve issues.
• Work with Senior Project Manager, other members of production team, and discipline departmental leads to breakdown complex tasks into manageable sub-projects.
• Track assets and tasks in the short-term as well as thinking long-term about the project.
• Take care of the changes in direction of a project in production due to client changes, technology changes or other factors in a proactive manner and with a positive attitude.
• Evaluate and communicate risk or production issues – positive or negative – to the production team
• Able to resolve ongoing production issues in consultation with the Senior Project Manager and discipline leads
• Communicate clearly and concisely the information request both all members of the project as needed. This could be email, Slacks, Teams, Shotgun, etc.
• Proactive self-starter, but also team player. Strong time management skills in a technically complex and fast paced work environment.
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, strong oral and written communication, and project management skills a must. Overall, must be confident in representing product, team, department, studio and Sony well in public if required.
• Keeps cool under high pressure situations. Positive attitude and demeanor.
• Process knowledge, attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong organizational skills. The Project Manager would be considered to have a more experience and responsibility.
• Ability to grasp technical knowledge to meet project needs; ability to identify and coordinate in the production group to assist where necessary in meeting project needs Implementing projects in partnership with co-workers, developers.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize across multiple discipline though perhaps not simultaneous depending on demands of the project
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred.
• At least 2-5 years of experience as a Project Manager or Associate Project Manager in the gaming or entertainment industry.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge and experience in creation of Motion Capture Cinematics or Game Art Asset production
• Experience with Shotgun, Perforce, Jira or other industry standard tasking and version control software
• Demonstrated ability to manage teams of artists in a dynamic post-production environment
• Bachelors in Business Administration, Game Art or Film/Commercial Production or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of Animation, Art & Motion Capture as those disciplines relate to Video Games
• Experience working with remote outsource partner teams in the above capacities
• Ability to manage a production team to execute the developers needs
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.