Principal Systems Engineer
San Mateo, CA
This position is responsible for defining and driving the architecture of future PlayStation and PlayStation ecosystem products! In this highly visible and multi-functional role, you will be a key bridge between multiple engineering organizations inside and outside of SIE.
The successful applicant is:
• A strong engineer with a computer architecture background, a deep understanding of both hardware and software, and the ability to weigh tradeoffs between different specialized system areas.
• A self-motivator with initiative and a track record of driving multiple products from concept definition through customer ship and sustaining development.
• An excellent communicator, presenter, persuader, and negotiator.
• Comfortable working through ambiguity and making things happen.
• Quick to understand, promote, and own the productization of new technologies.
• Used to working with remote and international engineering teams.
• A strong troubleshooter and hands-on fixer.
• Not necessarily always right, but always committed to make things right.
• A gamer at heart despite being an engineer in mind.
• Own architecture definition of new products.
• Perform system scoping, resourcing, performance, and customer experience analysis.
• Collaborate with multi-functional teams to understand their constraints and goals.
• Analyze, recommend, and explain sound strategic decisions when faced with uncertainty and/or disagreements.
• Build and evaluate product concepts to explore architecture paths as needed.
• Present proposals, status, and decisions to executives.
• 15+ years of proven experience in gaming and/or consumer software and hardware products.
• Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent fields.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9zm0-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.