Principal Hardware Architect: Fabrics
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a talented hardware architect to shape the future of PlayStation's composable data center infrastructure for cloud gaming and machine learning.
As a Fabrics Architect, you lead the research and design into next-gen fabrics to interconnect servers and racks. You participate in industry working groups, such as CXL and Gen-Z, to shape them for SIE's use cases. You work with SIE engineers and partners to develop prototype hardware and software to demonstrate the technology.
Our ideal architect brings healthy creativity, a history of accomplishment and a desire to face unique new challenges.
• Lead design of next-gen fabric for PlayStation's composable data center infrastructure.
• Work with leadership to develop vision, requirements and roadmap.
• Participate in industry working groups for CXL and Gen-Z to incorporate SIE's use cases.
• Work with local and remote teams and partners to develop proof of concept.
• BSc / MSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
• 10+ years experience designing fabrics and fabrics adapters.
• 10+ years experience designing chips or hardware.
• 5+ years experience participating in industry working groups.
Skills & Knowledge
• Deep knowledge on fabrics: PCIe Non-Transparent Bridging, CXL, Gen-Z or RDMA fabrics.
• Deep understanding of PCIe protocol (TLP, physical layer, enumeration, etc)
• Low-level software and driver development in C/C++.
• Deep knowledge on computer architecture: CPU, GPU, SSDs, storage class memory, memory controllers, high-speed interfaces/protocols,
• Knowledge of FPGAs and emulation platforms.
• Hardware bring-up and debugging experience.
• Good understanding of hardware/chip design flow.
• Strong communication skills (English written and verbal. Japanese a plus)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjp5e-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.