Manager, Hardware & System Engineering (Kernel & Storage)
Aliso Viejo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment's Cloud Gaming Engineering and Infrastructure (CGEI) division is leading the Cloud Gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
Our Hardware & Systems Engineering team is looking for a software manager to help lead an innovative team of 5-7 software engineers specialized in kernel and storage development. The ideal candidate will help nurture and grow this team over the next couple years.
• Work with local and remote teams to deliver kernel drivers, storage solutions for servers and embedded hardware.
• Work with external partners and suppliers to drive projects and coordinate project activities.
• Work with leads of different departments to remove blockers, improve the overall software development process, and drive cross team initiatives
• Provide career development and mentorship for HSE engineering team members.
• Provide regular status updates to upper management.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or 8 years of relevant work experience.
• 2-3 years leading and managing highly-technical teams.
• Expertise using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to articulate technical information in a clear and concise manner at all levels from executive staff to engineers.
• Strong cross-team collaboration and interpersonal skills with a variety of roles including engineering, product management, and support.
• Self-starter, with strong ability to operate in an unstructured environment.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
• Working experience in C/C++
• Deep knowledge of Linux and FreeBSD kernel and user space.
• Understanding of computer architecture, interconnects, FPGAs and storage technology.
• Understanding of hardware and software architectures for AI and machine learning.
• Experience developing device drivers and software for server and embedded systems.
• Experience building and troubleshooting high-performance systems, resilient to significant load.
• Experience with Japanese language and culture is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7bpyq-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.