Game Designer - Systems
San Diego, CA
Lead User Interface Artist
Location: San Diego Studios
Do you have what it takes? PlayStation's San Diego Studio has an opening for a Lead User Interface Artist to own the visual creation of our front-end user interfaces. The ideal candidate would possess a deep understanding of both visual communication and information hierarchy in order to provide the best product to our customers. We seek proficiency in n iconography, typography, and interaction graphics with experience leading a team while mentoring others in their craft. If this is you, please apply!
• Lead all facets of the User Interface design from style guide creation and maintaining design systems, conceptualizing animations and iconography to the creation and sign-off of game implementation.
• Assist the UX team in the creation of flows, wireframes, and prototypes to build compelling user experiences
• Collaborate with designers, programmers, and the UI team to maintain a consistent style across the entire game.
• Bounce between multiple tasks, projects, and requests while maintaining a consistent quality.
• Critique less senior interface artists work, provide constructive direction and hold the team accountable to the highest quality bar.
• Proven experience working with user interfaces, graphic design, and asset creation.
• Advanced knowledge of Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Strong iconography and typography skill
• Demonstrated experience of fundamental interface design principles, usability, and UI design methodologies.
• Strong technical skills and the ability to adapt to new technology, workflows and software.
• Ability to produce high quality work quickly within tight time constraints.
• Ability to work with frequent design changes and iterations.
• Knowledge of current graphic, video game, and web design trends.
• Excellent team leader with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Have:
• Knowledge of events based or visual scripting programs.
• A passion for video games.
• Experience working on Mobile apps/ Mobile games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71jb6-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.