Software Development Engineer in Test
San Mateo, CA
Graphics Developer Technology Engineer
PlayStation HQ: San Mateo, CA
We are interested in all levels of experience
Are you passionate about bleeding edge technology? Do you enjoy developing engineering solutions for software used by tens-of-millions of passionate technology loyalists around the world? Would you like a career opportunity that combines both your passion for games and skills as a software engineer? Then you need to come and play with us here at Sony PlayStation!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Global Developer Technology Group here at PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA. We seek a graphics software engineer to lead studios from AAA to Indie, solve complex engineering problems and research and develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do
• Become an expert in high-end computing graphics technology for games
• Work with leading AAA developers and engineers around the world
• Directed R&D with the opportunity to create new technology for game developers
• Focus on graphics and systems technology at the deepest levels and areas of specialization
• Have ownership of projects that impact PlayStation technology and game engineers directly
• Early access to PlayStation technology to support, educate, and push the boundaries of game technology
What You'll Learn
• Develop broad and deep knowledge of console hardware, graphics, systems and I/O
• Insight into leading industry developers technology pipelines
• Learn how PlayStation became the market leader in gaming technology
Your Responsibilities to the Team
• Innovate graphics code and technology to maximize rendering quality and performance
• Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to learn new skills and eager to embrace new challenges
• Drive initiatives that will result in innovative solutions
• Contribute to an open environment that promotes creativity and strong collaboration
• Act independently, professionally and proactively with continuous drive for excellence
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experienced and comfortable speaking to large groups
Interests, what you've done in the past
• Worked with cutting edge technology, R&D
• Have experience working with and writing drivers, core technology
• Obsessed with optimizations and efficiency
• You like to tinker, reverse engineer and make things better, faster
• Have a track record of delivering professional products within time and on budget
• Tired of long hours crunching at work and not having enough time for yourself and family
About Global Developer Technology Group (GDTG)
GDTG is regarded as a global leader in providing deep technical expertise to game developers. As an engineer in GDTG, you will be part of a world-class team focused on finding answers and solutions to complex challenges developers face. If you love stretching the limits of what is technically possible, and you are eager to learn new things, then you will fit right in.
Our team works closely with various Sony family groups across the globe from San Mateo, Tokyo, to London, helping to define PlayStation technology now and in the future.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.