Brand Partnerships Specialist
San Mateo, CA
Global Partner Marketing Manager
San Mateo, CA
About the Team: We are a team of experienced leaders with a strategic and creative mindset whose mission is to help every gamer we reach find new PlayStation nostalgia by developing marketing strategies and business opportunities to innovate and integrate third-party experiences with our brand, building long-term value for PlayStation and our publishing partners. We build positive relationships with third-party publishers and developers by understanding their portfolio, evangelizing their products and delivering best-in-class marketing.
About the Role: As a Global Partner Marketing Manager, you will lead the global marketing planning for some of PlayStation's biggest third-party marketing partnerships. This role encompasses delivering global strategies to be rolled out to different regions, including developing global partnership narratives, platform messaging and advantage creative. You will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be as valued as much as your capacity to get things done.
• Shape the global marketing strategy for third-party partner titles, including aligning priorities with cross-functional internal teams and delivering rollout plans to each region.
• Work closely with Global leads from Strategy & Planning, Platform Marketing, Media, and Store & Services to understand trends, markets and segmentation to inform global strategy.
• Drive consumer engagement and acquisition strategies to optimize lifecycle management including defining segmentation, messaging frameworks, testing & optimization plans, and KPIs.
• Co-lead partnership KPI and commercial goal setting with Global Account Lead and Global Store & Services lead. Drive marketing goal setting for your titles globally and communicate performance with strategic advice and analysis by leveraging platform data.
• Develop partnership narrative and platform advantage messaging for global marketing efforts.
• Track competitive activities to understand changing market dynamics to influence campaigns.
• Own global contractual marketing commitments for your allocated titles from beginning to end, including oversight of plans, messaging strategy, go-to-market consolidation and reporting on ATL campaigns, Retail Marketing, PlayStation Store and BTL.
• Act as the trusted point of contact for your publishers by translating business needs into solutions, identifying challenges, advocating internally at SIE for your publishers and proactively providing strategic advice and best practices.
• Manage two direct reports by maximizing their strengths, identifying areas for improvement, and supporting their career development. This includes goal setting, coaching and supervision.
• Lead special projects as assigned i.e. competitive landscape analysis, global process enhancements and dynamic marketing testing.
• Partner with the Global Account Lead and Partner Marketing Group Manager to monitor performance of priority titles including partnerships and provide campaign management along with marketing strategy recommendations to improve performance. Use audience analytics and social listening to drive content and paid social recommendations. Roll out personalized, data-driven marketing campaigns i.e. custom creative, A/B test designs.
• Deliver professional presentations at internal summits and training events in front of key leaders and executives throughout the organization as required.
• Collaborate with assigned publishers to build and customize strategies to fuse both their priorities and PlayStation's into a cohesive go-to-market plan.
• Liaise with internal and external agencies to develop content narratives that tell our platform story and are compelling to our audience – all while remaining on brand and within budget.
• Manage designated Partner Marketing budget ensuring delivery on or under forecast.
• Foster a fun and creative learning environment built on trust and openness.
What we're looking for:
• At least 7+ years of international Brand, Product or Partner Marketing experience within gaming or top entertainment companies preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively cross-functionally.
• A passion for storytelling and an ability to develop consistent narratives for initiatives.
• Understanding of the media landscape as well as brand or entertainment marketing strategy.
• Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to influence teams and individuals as well as effectively leverage and utilize resources and relationships for optimal results.
• Distinctive problem-solving, strategic-thinking and analytical capabilities.
• Ability to apply quantitative analysis and business judgment to analyse the SIE business and identify opportunities based on analysis, current market conditions and a complete understanding of both SIE and publisher objectives and plans.
• Motivated self-starter always looking to share acquired knowledge with others.
• Ability to thrive in cross-cultural organizations i.e. various geographic locations, cultural sensitivities, effective international communication. Global marketing experience is a plus.
• An interest in, and knowledge of, video games is essential.
• Leadership experience in managing, mentoring and inspiring a team.
• Highly computer, social media and technology literate incl. MS Office and G Suite proficiency.
Help us to see you…
• Are a great communicator, collaborative team player and a creative problem solver
• Can influence at a senior level and are adept at building long-lasting relationships and working comfortably with senior teams internally and externally
• Are ready to understand, value, develop, contribute and lead in a diverse global team
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and frequently contribute to the development of new methods
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.