Full Stack Software Engineer II
Los Angeles, CA
As a member of our engineering team, you will be working alongside top-tier staff on building upcoming features for the PlayStation Account & Customer Management tool. You'll be challenged with improving the customer service applications that our agents use throughout the world. PlayStation has users in 60+ countries. We work with partners and platform engineering groups around the globe. This requires strong collaboration with our San Diego, San Francisco, San Mateo, London, and Tokyo sister offices to bring value to the PlayStation Network. Our applications incorporate the latest technologies, from the user interface to the backend. The right candidate will be able to navigate through the entire stack with ease. You'll get hands-on experience in solving sophisticated software design challenges, plus tackling dev Ops tasks using Amazon Web Services.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, 5+ years of Software Engineering experience or comparable experience
• Excellent communication skills, comfortable on video calls, willingness to interacting with your team and international colleagues
• Excellent programming skills in Java and the Spring Framework including Spring Boot
• Experience building scalable cloud hosted web services
• Ability to build user interfaces and components that are modular, testable, and maintainable
• Experience in in-memory data stores like Redis and NoSQL databases like DynamoDB.
• Experience with MySQL or other relational database systems
• Experience and comfort building cloud-native applications
• Strong understanding of application security and OAuth 2.0
• Experience in modern CICD tools like Spinnaker, Jenkins is a plus.
• Bonus - AWS and AWS Infrastructure, Platform and Services, and containers like EKS
• Bonus - Node.js application development
• Bonus - Microservices architecture design and development
• Enjoy working in an agile, and fast-paced environment
• A strong sense of ownership for the finished product and your work
• Passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$113,200 - $169,800 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rozv43-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.