Passionate about working on critical initiatives that allow for creativity and room for growth? At PlayStation, we use a variety of the most groundbreaking tools and deal with enormous amounts of data. Are you a strong believer in using data and technologies to drive the best business decisions? If so, read on…
Sony Interactive Entertainment's (SIE) Global Payments Fraud and Decision Science Teams are the guardians of both customer trust and purchase success for PlayStation and the PlayStation® Network (PSN). We provide innovative solutions to support every element of the network, various platform services, customer service teams, a diverse developer community, and more.
As a Data Engineer of the GPFD DS (Data Solutions) team, you be using a wide array of skills and tools to support the teams in the department and outside of the department. The mission of fighting fraud daily can involve anything from short term (a few weeks) to long term projects (6+ months). Our responsibility is to provide data, dashboards, reports and systems for the teams to do their daily jobs. We have lots of challenges, things change, and we get to be creative as we tackle problems and build solutions.
• Engineer data pipelines and provide automated solutions for GPFD teams
• Monitor systems, create alerts, dashboards, charts/reports and alerts delivery
• Document processes, architecture of systems/data flows, project plans, using the agile methodology
• Create training materials/presentations and present slides to a wide variety of audiences, from highly technical peers to executive management
• Mentor team members, share workloads, enable team growth
• Participate in hiring, interviewing, developing tests, reviewing (pre-screening) candidates
• Demonstrate an outstanding work ethic
• Find issues and appropriately and expertly raise tickets within/without the team
• Solve sophisticated problems through highly creative methods
• Use cloud technologies to provide robust solutions and learn new tools/systems as they emerge
• Demonstrate a passion for protecting Sony and its customers
• BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience in database development, programming, design, and analysis.
• Solid experience with data and databases
• Familiarity with common files formats - csv, xml, json, avro
• SQL skills - writing, reading, tuning, debugging
• Data table design skills – DDL & DML
• Understanding SQL execution
• General knowledge in Linux, Unix Administration and Windows Administration
• File ownership and permissions, file/data transfer methods
• Users, access/authentication, and encryption/ssh
• Experience with automation, configuration management, enterprise schedulers
• Big Data- Snowflake, DynamoDB, Oracle, Hadoop, Athena, EMR
• Reporting/BI Tools – Tableau/Splunk/Datadog
• Basic Knowledge of Payments Processing and CNP (Card Not Present) Fraud
• Streams – Kinesis/Kafka/ActiveMQ
• Cloud- Common Services, AMIs, instances, automation, storage (Packer/Ansible/Chef/Puppet), Docker etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxzj6-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.