This is a Data Engineer position in the Data Platform Engineering group, responsible for development of Sony PlayStation Network's Data Platform. We are currently driving an exciting initiative to modernize our data platform through use of SaaS solutions such as Snowflake, and AWS native services. We are looking for Data Engineers with a strong background in software development and automation skills to build best-in-class scalable, highly available data warehouse solutions to enable our fast-growing business through data and insights.
• You will be part of a team building data and software solutions that enable frictionless data delivery, enabling business value to our internal business units
• You will be expected to build a deep understanding of PlayStation data and help data consumers drive business value from the data
• You will play a role in design, development, automation, quality, and operations for the PlayStation data platform
• Mentors and inspires to effectively deliver awesome software/data solutions!
• You will participate in product road-map discussions and identify key areas for improvement.
• BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Strong experience in advanced software development (i.e. Python, Scala, Java programming), design, and analysis.
• Strong foundation in data engineering and software design.
• Possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
• • Experience and working knowledge of SQL. Ability to write complex, highly performing SQL queries and optimize performance of existing queries preferred
• Experience with cloud-based services at enterprise scale such as AWS
• Experience with cloud-based data warehousing solutions such as Snowflake or Redshift
• Experience with AWS Big Data technologies such as Kinesis, Lambda, Firehose, Dynamo DB, Athena/Presto.