San Mateo, CA
Business Analyst, Data Governance- San Mateo
At Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), data is a critical business asset that facilitates business operations, empowers decision making, and provides vital insights into improvement and innovation of PlayStation products and services. With exponential data growth brought on by PlayStation's success, the Data Governance and Literacy team is tasked with the mission to instill a culture of responsible and effective use of data. This is accomplished by governing data as a valuable enterprise asset and continuously elevating the organization's data literacy. With an initial focus on data privacy and data sharing, this role focuses on executing data governance processes to advance the understanding of and compliance with data handling policies within SIE as well as across broader Sony.
• Operationalize data governance by managing the rollout of data stewardship to select business units within SIE
• Be a trusted partner to assigned business units by building domain expertise, by understanding their rhythm of business, and by offering balanced advisory. Assist as needed in the development of meaningful data handling policies, standards, and guidelines
• Facilitate global privacy reviews at scale - a key data governance process designed to instill proactive thinking of privacy implications pertaining to a business unit's data activities
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners of the privacy review process (e.g. business units, privacy attorneys) by ensuring that using data flow diagrams, all parties involved in the process have a thorough understanding of relevant data operations, that necessary information for the privacy reviews is provided and that the reviews are conducted on a timely basis
• Maintain and scale documentation of privacy reviews, including data flow diagrams, assessment notes and outcomes, and inventories of systems and activities
• Take a metrics-based approach and a continuous improvement attitude to data stewardship operations including but not limited to achieving privacy compliance at scale
• 5+ years work experience in a data-intensive environment at a consumer-focused product or services company
• 2+ years experience executing cross-functional organizational processes in data governance/ stewardship, privacy operations, privacy regulatory compliance, security GRC, or trust & safety function
• Experience with issue/ project-tracking and content management tools like Jira, OneTrust and Confluence
• Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with proven ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
• An analytical mind, a strong sense of ownership, and a bias for structure and action
• Passion and energy for working in the video gaming industry
• Broad understanding of database concepts
• Bachelor's degree or above
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zwj9-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.