Before proceeding, please note only EU citizens or applicants with a current work permit and permission to live in Germany can be considered for this role.
• 4+ years digital matte painting experience in a production environment
• Experience doing concept design is a plus
• Experience with advanced matte painting techniques including, appropriate layering, scene management and reference gathering
• Excellent skills in Photoshop and Mari
• Substance Painter knowledge preferred
• Good knowledge of the basic principles of 2.5D/3D Projections in Nuke and Maya. This includes camera setup, modelling for projections, colour space, projection setup, layer management and delivery to compositing.
• Strong technical experience in photography or lighting with an emphasis on colour and composition
• UV mapping workflow experience is a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and under the pressure of tight deadlines
• A strong portfolio of previous work and completed projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create photorealistic digital paintings and elements that match concept, using 2D and 3D tools and techniques including camera setup, modelling for projection, camera animation, projection setup, image re-projection, and atmospheric and light passes
• Provide confident leadership to our DMP/Environment department
• Perform tasks related to integrating imagery into shots, preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and colour
• Combine painting skills in animation software, with a knowledge of photography, practical and digital modelling, and design, to create 2D and 3D paintings
• Work closely with Supervision to ensure that plates meet planned concept design requirements
• Work in coordination with CG Lighting, Comp and Asset departments
Thank you for your interest. Please forward your latest reel, resume details and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Only EU citizens or applicants with a current work permit and permission to live in Germany can be considered for this role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8814k-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.