Pixomondo is looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team in our London studio. The Systems Administrator will act as the security guard for our systems, owning any/all technical problems and acting as the first point of contact for support within the business for technical needs.
The ideal candidate will have strong time-management and excellent communication skills, which enable them to work with various employees and leaders within the company. It's essential to enjoy being part of a team to collaborate, assist others, be willing to share techniques/skills and offer solutions with great problem-solving ability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Respond to calls and emails / tickets, provide fast follow-up, and identify solutions
• Provide 1st and 2nd level support to end users - both remote and on-site
• Collaborate with our internal and external customers to progress project statuses
• Set up of new workstations and systems
• Software deployment
• Printer support
• Inventory tracking - physical hardware and virtual infrastructure
• Working closely with Heads of Departments to ensure license needs are met
• Documenting technical procedures as well as user-facing FAQs
• Operation and maintenance of backup and archival procedures
• Evaluation of new systems for purchase recommendations
• Scripting and automation (depending on current experience level)
• Perform server administration tasks, including user management with Active Directory, security protocols, and network maintenance
• Bachelor's degree in technology or computer science is required
• Prior Technical Support experience
• Knowledge and experience in: Setup and Administration of multi-platform networks (Win, Linux, MacOS), storage systems (NAS, SAN) Active Directory, Windows Server, Backup and Archival, Virtualisation (VMware esxi, hyperV), networking (DHCP, DNS etc), IT security, software deployment, VoIP
• Basic knowledge of a scripting language (desired: Powershell)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong understanding of proactive customer service
• Well developed organisational and communication skills
• Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks to succeed under tight deadlines
• Flexibility, if required, to work evenings and/or weekends to support the studio out of hours
Desired, but not essential:
• Previous experience with various forms of licensing including servers, cloud, node-locked and their nuances
• Previous experience in the VFX and Animation industry
Please note that only applications from people who have the right to work in the UK can currently be accepted.
Please include your cover letter with your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82z79-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.