Do you enjoy learning new things, inventing unique solutions to problems, and believe that attention to detail is paramount? We are looking for that engineer who loves to solve mysteries within an evolving creative environment, one byte at a time.
The Storage & Backups Systems Engineer builds diverse storage systems, coordinates storage/backup tasks between various groups, and contributes to Pixar's ability to expand technology in the pursuit of art!
• Design, deploy and maintain various storage and/or backup retention environments.
• Assist with capacity and I/O forecasts for key resources
• Actively work within a group to ensure peak efficiency of systems and infrastructure uptime
• Document standard procedures while collaborating across departments to implement systems standards studio-wide
• Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to resolve critical issues
• 3+ Experience with multiple NAS solutions such as Isilon, NetApp, GPFS, or Vast
• Experience backing up and restoring data from secondary sources such as tape, remote disk, Netbackup, Commvault, Rubrik, or the like
• Experience in system administration supporting Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred)
• Ability to query and visualize data using Grafana, Kibana, ElasticSearch, or similar
• Skillful understanding of fixing heterogeneous systems using diverse troubleshooting methodologies
• Adept user of Revision Control Systems, preferably Git or Perforce
• Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Python, Go, Bash, etc.)
• Previous experience working in, or with, the M&E industry a plus
• B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent, degree or work experience
• Experience with object storage considerations for virtualization and container platforms (Docker, VMWare, KVM, Kubernetes, Trident, etc)
• Demonstrates ownership of sophisticated multi department issues
• Deliver outstanding customer service to users with varying technical understanding
• Familiarity with NFS file caching techniques and uses (Avere, Linux NFS cache, Flexcache)
• Skill with planning and executing large multi faceted storage projects, such as data movement between systems or integration of new technologies.
• Familiarity crafting solutions within legacy technical boundaries
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7550-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.