The Pirates WHY
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level known for:
• purposefully developing a player and people centered culture;
• deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
• passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
• meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
These are carried out through Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empath and Service.
In this entry-level fellowship role, you will be responsible for crafting innovative and compelling design solutions across a number of mediums with a focus on supporting the Pirates Sales and Partnership teams. You will design and develop high-quality creative presentations and pitches that push the brand story while driving value.
You are a rare breed who enjoys telling the story and narrative of a brand via beautiful, well thought out and strategized design. You not only enjoy creating a polished presentation but gain satisfaction in finding the perfect solution for integrating brands into the organization creatively. You take pride in communicating your vision cross-departmentally while still being an integral leader of the Pirates brand. When not creating a beautiful pitch deck, you are excited to be actively work with the design team to help with branding and conceptual thinking for other platforms and mediums.
• Support the Partnerships team by understanding key partner initiatives and their brands
• Clearly communicate and present ideas through visuals to both internal and partner stakeholders
• Understand the Pirates brand, voice, and audience to produce visuals that inspire our brand story while also building authentic relationships
• Collaborate with other departments within the organization
• Collaborate with other creative team members and attend project and team meetings to help create innovative ideas
• Provide and accept real and constructive feedback when necessary
• Work with other creative team members to produce cohesive content and designs for all platforms and mediums
What makes you a good fit?
• Highly collaborative
• A strong eye for layout, typography, composition, and color
• An experienced multi-tasker
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to present and communicate new ideas
• Attention to detail
• A minimum of one year of professional experience working in the field of graphic design
• Motion design experience is a bonus, but not a must
• Experience in fast-paced environments while adhering to deadlines
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office and Macs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8037-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.