Sales Assistant - Pyr
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Provides sales and general administrative support to VP & Director, International Online Sales and Sales Manager to grow and support new and emerging online and digital accounts within the department. Assist in the support, execution, and tracking of key title strategies across all online and digital accounts. This role will help coordinate sales for new and emerging online digital accounts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the account manager to manage title lists, execute and track merchandising, marketing, and pricing campaigns, and manage inventory levels
• Maintain and communicate regular sales and merchandise reporting and tracking across all online accounts
• Work closely with the sales director to provide operational support, maintain organization within the department and work with Credit and CS teams to track orders and reconcile promotional invoices
• Serves as the primary sales contact for new and emerging online and digital accounts within the international department including maintaining day-to-day communication, working with them to understand key title opportunities, maintain inventory levels, set up merchandising and competitive pricing, and be available to handle any issues that may arise
• Work with director and account manager to execute special projects and other day to day needs
• Minimum of 1 year prior sales experience, working with National, International, or Online accounts
• Excellent organizational and tracking skills
• Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills
• Experience with MS Office – strong familiarity with Excel a plus
• Ability to work in fast-paced, evolving area of the publishing industry
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r715mp-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.