Production Assistant – Penguin Publishing Group
The Penguin Publishing Group is looking for a Production Assistant to join the Reprint production team! In Reprints, we are passionate about bookmaking, and we're proud of the work we do to keep all our titles in stock. We get to work on everything from Penguin's top bestsellers to the backlist titles that continue to resonate with readers after many years in print.
We have great relationships with each of our imprints, and we work together as a team to get books in on schedule and looking their best. There is never a dull moment in Reprints, so while there is lots of room to work independently, we also rely on collaboration and open communication within the team to ensure everyone feels supported and up to date on procedural changes so we can all adapt together.
Our new Production Assistant will get to work on reprints for the Penguin imprints (Penguin Books, Penguin Classics, and Penguin Life) which include such exciting titles as #1 New York Times Bestsellers The Body Keeps the Score and Little Fires Everywhere, and New York Times Bestseller A Gentleman in Moscow. Not to mention an incredible list of authors including Shari Lapena, John le Carré, Jojo Moyes, Celeste Ng, Nathaniel Philbrick, Steven Pinker, Zadie Smith, Shakespeare, John Steinbeck, Amy Tan, Amor Towles, and many more!
• Handles all aspects of production including, but not limited to, facilitating text and cover changes, maintaining schedules by tracking the progress of titles through production using internal system reporting, estimating, scheduling, and all vendor contact.
• Maintains accurate book specifications in SAP.
• Creates and issues purchase orders to component printers and binderies.
• Checks vendor invoices and ensures quote to billing match.
• Responsible for quality control checks on reprints.
• Superb communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organizational, scheduling, and time management skills
• Proven ability to multitask and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Strong arithmetic skills including the ability to work comfortably with numbers
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Experience with SAP, Adobe Creative Suite and File Maker Pro a plus
• Comfortable using Mac operating systems a plus
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 184333
Dec 20, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpwe1-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.