Marketing Assistant - Young Readers
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Partnerships Coordinator, Penguin Random House
As media and traditional retail play a shrinking role in book and author discovery, it becomes necessary to partner with like-minded companies and brands to get our books in front of new audiences, and to tell our brand story. The Penguin Random House Partnerships Coordinator will serve as the switchboard for these relationships – fielding corporate and divisional partnership requests and working with the Director of Brand Marketing and Creative Strategy team to identify, pitch, and foster mutually beneficial partnerships to grow our business in new and interesting ways.
• Work with Brand Marketing Director and larger Creative Strategy team to generate large-scale partnership concepts to promote our books and tell our brand story
• Develop and actively manage brand relationships to foster ongoing partnership opportunities
• Develop and actively manage relationships with PRH marketing, publicity, and sales colleagues
• Serve as a centralized partnerships resource within Penguin Random House, fielding requests from consumer marketing group and publishing divisions, advising on small-scale partnership opportunities, and making brand introductions where applicable
• Develop, manage, and communicate project timelines for all components of the defined scope of a partnership
• Curious and open-minded
• A natural people-magnet and confident communicator who jumps at the opportunity to network and understands the importance of relationships in growing a business
• Plugged into cultural and social trends, and interested in exploring how our books and stories contribute to and enhance the cultural narrative
• A motivated and persistent problem-solver, always looking for a solution or way in, even when it seems impossible
• Someone who has worked with brands across a variety of industries, examples include Google, Nike, Spotify, Sephora, etc.
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj28o0-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.