Marketing Manager/Senior Marketing Manager – Dutton, Plume, Tiny Reparations Books
The Dutton, Plume, and Tiny Reparations Books imprints at Penguin Random House are seeking a Senior Marketing Manager/Marketing Manager to join our creative and innovative team-to develop and execute marketing campaigns for a list of award-winning and bestselling books.
Our marketing team at Dutton/Plume/Tiny Rep Books is full of passionate readers and highly motivated self-starters, committed to connecting our books with the widest possible readership in creative and data-driven ways. As a Senior Marketing Manager/Marketing Manager, you'll play a key role in contributing to the marketing department's goals by planning and executing marketing campaigns for assigned book titles as a valuable member of a very hands-on and collaborative team. In addition, you'll work closely with our authors and their agents, as well as Dutton/Plume/Tiny Reparations Books editors, publicists, sales team, and creative services colleagues to oversee results-driven marketing campaigns from start to finish for hardcover and paperback titles across a wide variety of categories.
Dutton has a focused list of fiction and nonfiction with a huge audience-a boutique imprint within Penguin Random House-publishing 50 front list books a year from lauded bestselling franchise authors to debut novelists and luminaries in their field. Plume publishes new nonfiction voices in the genres of pop culture/lifestyle, cultural and feminist statements, and humorous gift books. Tiny Reparations Books (founded in 2020 by Phoebe Robinson) is a highly curated imprint dedicated to publishing both literary fiction and nonfiction as well as essay collections that highlight and amplify unique and diverse voices. Recent authors our imprints have published include: Sean Carroll, Fiona Davis, Lisa Gardner, Hank Green, Asha Lemmie, Trixie Mattel & Katya, Phoebe Robinson, Riley Sager, and many more. Visit www.penguin.com/publishers/dutton/ to learn more.
• Create, communicate, and implement marketing campaigns for a variety of titles, while utilizing the insights and analytics available to inform their strategy
• Collaborate directly with editorial, publicity, sales, and creative marketing services, as well as with authors and agents, to communicate, refine, and execute plans
• Work with authors to maximize campaign effectiveness, including helping to grow social media platforms and brainstorming and pitching potential partnerships
• Collaborate closely with other members of the marketing department to share ideas, brainstorm, and develop new marketing tools and strategies
• Analyze sales patterns and other key marketing metrics to inform plans and promotions
• Communicate with sales, editorial, and publicity teams to leverage new consumer insights into sales opportunities
• Research and explore new marketing tools, platforms, and strategies
• Previous experience in book marketing, including creating and executing marketing campaigns for a variety of titles
• Fluency in key marketing strategies and tools including email, social media, Facebook advertising and search
• Proficiency in analyzing sales and other key marketing metrics
• Experience presenting at both internal and external meetings
• Excellent copywriting, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates the ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and prioritize effectively
• Ability to work as part of a collaborative team, while also having the autonomy to craft and implement plans for your titles
• Basic design skills or Photoshop experience a plus!
If you're a pro at planning and executing creative marketing campaigns from start to finish, incorporating analytics into the creation of data-driven marketing, and showcasing your plans in meetings, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 157555
Jul 1, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1y98m-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.