Penguin Young Readers Marketing is seeking a Designer to support the Art Director on marketing/sales/publicity collateral, aid with our digital and social media campaigns, and collaborate on high-profile branding and corporate initiatives. This position is ideal for a candidate looking to grow their design skills on a fast-paced design team.
• Provide administrative support to the Art Director, including archiving files, departmental tasks, and process organization.
• Collaborate with the Art Director and the design team on new ideas and projects for retail outlets, schools and libraries, and social media campaigns.
• Design a wide range of high-quality marketing and sales pieces including bookmarks, pins, school kits, and advertisements for print and online, all while maintaining brand identities and style guides.
• Act as a liaison between various publishing imprints and the marketing department.
• Help to brainstorm and develop fresh advertising campaigns centered around our hottest new titles, as well as some of our longstanding Penguin classics.
• Keeping up-to-date with design trends and marketing news.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 2 years of professional design experience.
• Expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects.
• A digital portfolio showcasing a strong knowledge of typography and design.
• Working knowledge and skills with Premiere Pro and HTML5 recommended.
• Ability to work on and manage multiple projects simultaneously under extremely tight deadlines, with a willingness to receive direction and adapt quickly.
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Interest in children's, middle grade and young adult literature and trends.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvy2yn-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.