Marketing Manager - Viking, Penguin, Riverhead Books
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Penguin Random House is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate Associate Manager to join our Email Marketing team. In this position, you will own the day-to-day email operations for Brightly, our consumer-facing brand focused on cultivating a love of books and reading in children.
This position reports to the Associate Director, Product & Email Strategy for Brightly and will work closely with a cross-functional team that includes product, design, email operations, data, editorial, metadata, analytics, and marketing. This is an exciting opportunity for a junior marketer to grow in a role that's focused on engaging and nurturing an audience of parents, caregivers, and educators with children's book recommendations and reading tips and advice that meet their unique needs.
Who You Are:
You are a detail-oriented email marketer with a consumer-first mindset. You can communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders and you shine when prioritizing work and problem solving. Ideally, you have a passion for children's books and past experience marketing children's books, products, and/or content.
What You Will Do:
This position will work closely with the Associate Director to envision the email roadmap and set KPIs. You will be tasked with end-to-end execution of campaigns, from ideation to audience targeting, scheduling, testing, reporting, and iterating, in line with our team's larger marketing goals. You will identify & empathize with our consumer segments and their corresponding business goals so that you can effectively plan and implement user journeys that deliver value to the user and the business. We are looking for someone to help us level up our email program as we continue to evolve our focus from pure content marketing into the e-commerce and retail space.
A typical week may include tasks such as:
• Planning with content marketers to refine email messaging based on audience need
• Writing a design brief, and collaborating with the design team on a vision for a particular campaign's look & feel
• Creating custom filters based on data & analytics to find the best audience for a particular email or email series
• Working with the product team to socialize new site feature launches via dedicated email sends
• Testing -- A/B testing across the program to optimize performance; or qualitative user research to continually improve engagement with email program
• Building post-campaign reporting after launch to update stakeholders on key KPIs
• Demonstrated interest in and experience with creating consumer-facing marketing email campaigns
• Thrives working collaboratively, from ideation through launch
• Exceptional time-management and personal organization
• Proactive communicator with superlative written and verbal communication
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility in a fast-paced, changing development environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Facility with Basecamp, JIRA, Cheetah Digital, Invision a plus
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz50yn-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.