Reservation Pricing and Strategy Lead
New York, NY
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
Peacock, NBC Universal's Direct-to-Consumer streaming service, is seeking an experienced and highly-motivated individual to join our Standards and Practices department. As the Senior Standards and Practices Specialist, you will be expected to review scripts and cuts of original programming and screen acquired movies and series, to ensure that all content on the platform adheres to our Standards and Practices guidelines and procedures while being cognizant of public policy and community acceptability considerations. You will have prior content analysis experience and expertise, knowledge of ratings and compliance policies, as well as an understanding of shifting industry and cultural sensitivities. You will also possess effective communication, organizational and diplomatic skills, excellent multi-tasking skills, and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment, while maintaining strict confidentiality. Success in this role requires that you thrive in a dynamic start-up environment, are comfortable working through ambiguity and can solve problems creatively and collaboratively. As we are a new and growing team, you will be expected to partner effectively with the department head and your colleagues to establish best practices. This position is based in New York, New York, or Los Angeles, California, and reports into the Director, Standards and Practices in New York.
• Screen and evaluate kids and adult original content in multiple programming formats (e.g., live, live-to-tape, animated, scripted and unscripted) from concept to locked final for compliance with Peacock standards.
• Provide clearly articulated verbal and written notes and practical, constructive guidance on content that includes issues like excessive violence, explicit language, sexually explicit material, imitable behavior, commercial product placement and graphic visuals that might be unacceptable for air.
• Analyze and assign Television Parental Guidelines ratings to all acquired kids and adult content and ensure adherence to COPPA guidelines as applicable.
• Partner with the Sales, Integrated Marketing and Advertising Standards teams on the review of integrations and custom content advertisements.
• Vet third party channels and licensor content and business practices to ensure they meet Peacock's brand standards.
• Evaluate all Peacock promos and ensure appropriate placement of promos within Peacock content.
• Conduct weekly audits of platform ecosystem to ensure all content is accurately rated and properly displayed.
• Negotiate and collaborate with the creative community, including programming executives, writers, producers, and editors.
• Proactively monitor and analyze department systems and processes and develop and implement innovative ideas that improve the way we work.
• BA/BS Degree.
• Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience working in Standards and Practices (Program and/or Advertising) for a major consumer entertainment company including broadcast or cable network, streaming service or other digital platform.
• Must be able to complete a high volume of time-sensitive tasks in an expeditious and precise manner in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess strong interpersonal instincts, with an ability to handle difficult situations and creative conversations diplomatically.
• Must be willing and available to work some evenings and weekend hours to meet operational needs, like show specific production schedules and timelines.
• Must be able to separate personal beliefs and interests from content review requirements in order to apply Peacock's guidelines and policies to applicable content.
• Organizational skills are critical, as is an ability to prioritize, work efficiently, and handle
multiple projects simultaneously.
• The nature of the work performed may require discussion of sensitive subjects including explicit language, sexual scenes, slurs etc. that appear in content undergoing review, so a demonstrated ability to engage in sensitive and difficult conversations is a plus.
• A passion for diverse film and television content and a familiarity with direct-to-consumer
streaming offerings across the industry.