Senior Director, Communications
New York, NY
Publicist (New York City), Peacock
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We're in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal's Peacock is growing, and we're looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
Publicist, Communications, Peacock
The Publicist will support communications and media relations initiatives for Peacock's content, platform and corporate reputation. Reporting to the East Coast Vice President, the Publicist will be a key member of the East Coast communications team by supporting multi-platform campaigns that will generate high-quality earned media across channels for Peacock's content as well as Peacock as a platform. Content to promote will include acquired content, live sports, news, Spanish language content, as well as library tentpoles and deep catalog of shows and movies. The candidate must have experience in PR, publicity or communications role(s). Ideal candidate will be a creative, motivated self-starter with incredible attention to detail, a team-focused attitude, and a solutions-oriented approach.
Essential Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Execute communications plans for Peacock content across a range of genres and formats - acquired content, live sports, news, Spanish language content, as well as library tentpoles and deep catalog of shows and movies.
• Foster strong contacts with print, online and electronic media.
• Pitch ideas and create promotional opportunities for talent and series.
• Generate press materials, including announcement releases, bios, captions, talking points, story synopses, pitch letters and correspondence.
• Promote, create and implement special promotional activities including publicity parties, press conferences and screenings. Bring enthusiasm to event planning.
• Possess a strong understanding of and experience with social media.
• Maintain press site.
• Coordinate print interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots and EPK where relevant.
• Report results of campaigns.
• Collaborate cross functionally to maximize content promotion opportunities
• Within Peacock, create synergistic opportunities through marketing, publicity, symphony and business partnerships.
• Throughout NBCU, foster relationships with key stakeholders.
• With direction from team leaders, help ensure that our executive, brand, IP, expertise and differentiators are clearly communicated.
• Write and distribute press releases and announcements, talking points, executive bios and other communications materials.
• Actively monitor competitive and media landscapes to identify press and thought leadership opportunities for executives and subject-matter experts, secure stories with media, appearances in key strategic industry events and address any inaccuracies.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of experience in media, entertainment and/or distribution
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Demonstrated interest and background in entertainment industry
• Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude
• Must be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams
• A proactive multi-tasker, with the ability to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z9jj-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.