Data Engineer, Operations
Universal City, CA
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So, if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Content QA Associate to join a dynamic new team responsible for the Direct to Consumer business. We're looking for an operations-focused, process improvement expert with an eye for detail and a passion to problem solve complex scenarios into smarter, scalable solutions.
In this role, you'll uphold quality assurance guidelines and control standards for all on demand video, copy, and artwork assets in our growing digital library. You will help ensure each video record published through our content management pipeline has the full complement of engaging imagery and descriptive metadata to help consumers connect with our shows.
This position requires you to effectively support metadata supply chain dynamics for timely availability and accurate representation of content to the end user. You'll service all areas associated with content QA, metadata display and governance. Your diligence in driving operational efficiencies will play an instrumental role in advancing our position within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
• Provide QA support for the Direct to Consumer on demand video fulfillment supply chain
• Maintain quality assurance guidelines and control protocols; working with technology, product, and customer service teams to analyze, regulate, and continuously improve user-facing experiences on all platforms and programming environments
• Service on demand video supply chain; collaborating with copywriters, video editorial specialists, creative leads, and support teams to proactively address all content delivery demands and concerns
• Assist Content Operations team to ensure all project timelines, milestones, and deliverables are met or exceeded
• Implement process maps, user stories, workflows, and standard operating procedures as needed to help drive efficiencies and readiness for both upstream and downstream publishing workflows
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Minimum 1 years of experience with:
o asset schema, taxonomy, ontology, program hierarchy, programing types, genres, and data/program classifications
o digital content QA and QC governance
o database management and API data delivery specifications & workflows
o researching and consulting on publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends
o project management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and collaboration products such as JIRA, Lighthouse and Confluence
• Experience with consumer apps on traditional platforms and digital products
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in Universal City, Los Angeles County, California
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Effective communication & collaboration skills
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Working knowledge & familiarity with social media platforms and services such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
• Experience working with Drupal open source CMS
• Experience using Aspera, Signiant, and other enterprise-grade file transfer services/agents
• Experience with OVP services such as Anvato, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura
• Experience with SEO algorithms, processes, and techniques