Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So, if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Video Editorial Associate to join a dynamic team responsible for the Direct-to-Consumer business. We're looking for a process-minded candidate with an eye for detail and the creative problem-solving skills to take on any video publishing challenge with which they're faced.
You'll help service our growing portfolio of programs; maintaining the steady flow of assets through the video supply chain to ensure thousands of on demand long form series and films (original and library) are successfully acquired, provisioned, and published to our subscribers on a 24/7 basis.
We'll rely on you to prioritize incoming content requests against mission critical promotional and editorial requirements. Your commitment to precise program availability will play an instrumental role in our success within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
• Support Peacock's on demand video fulfillment supply chain
• Maintain media acquisition protocols; partnering with show post teams, TV Distribution, and other content providers on agreed milestones, deliverables, and accountability
• Uphold content prep standards and video encoding requirements; driving efficiencies and readiness to both upstream and downstream publishing workflows
• Service publishing guidelines and protocols for on demand video; working to continuously improve delivery timelines to approved distribution outlets under strict deadlines and SLAs
• Ensure consistency of delivery and publishing cadences; supporting changes as needed while adhering to syndication guidelines, compliance mandates, and marketing/promotional obligations
• Audit content availability and entitlement windowing processes; proactively addressing all anomalies with licensing teams prior to content syndication
• Reconcile and/or address user stories, process maps, workflow diagrams, and standard operating procedures as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 1 year of experience with:
o Publishing workflows and content management systems
o Digital video file formats, encoding specifications, streaming technologies, and troubleshooting techniques
o Trafficking high volumes of time-sensitive media assets
o Multi-platform syndication practices
• Experience with data entry and exposure to editorial metadata
• Understanding of traditional TV in comparison to emerging OTT services
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in Universal City, Los Angeles County, California
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Excellent and effective communication & collaboration skills
• Ability to distill highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Experience working with Drupal open-source CMS
• Proficiency with cloud collaboration tools such as Airtable, OneDrive, or Google Sheets
• Exposure to programming strategies
• Capability using non-linear editing systems and Adobe creative suite
• Knowledge of data transfer protocols, workflows and methods; Aspera, Signiant, etc.
• Familiarity with OVP services such as MPX and Brightcove
• Awareness of project management methodologies and systems such as Agile, Scrum or Jira, Trello, Asana, Smartsheet
• Understanding of social media platforms and services such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9866z-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.