Associate, Video Editorial (Weekend), Peacock
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
*PLEASE NOTE: this is not your typical Mon-Fri job as it supports weekend coverage on a regular basis. If this sounds like your cup of birdseed, read on!*
Peacock is looking for a highly organized Video Editorial Associate (Weekend) to help service our rapidly growing content library. You'll handle a high volume, constantly evolving queue of video requests and ensure all orders are successfully published to our platform on a daily basis. Experience with multi-language asset management, procurement and servicing will be a big plus.
You'll help maintain Peacock's video content fulfillment schedule by prioritizing incoming programming requests against mission critical operational and editorial needs. Your commitment to precise publishing timetables will set the bar for overall delivery reliability and will play an instrumental role in our success within the highly competitive, ever-evolving media landscape.
We're also looking for those who want to help build a new corporate culture. At Peacock we are passionate about movies, TV shows and building a new streaming service from scratch, but we think it's really important to have fun while doing so.
• Provide Thu-Mon operational publishing support, responsible for servicing Peacock's on demand streaming video content fulfillment supply chain
• Work with internal tech ops support teams as well as external service vendors to support delivery requirements, milestones and accountability; maintaining efficiencies and readiness to both upstream and downstream publishing systems
• Support servicing cadences; adhering to compliance mandates and marketing/promotional obligations while also handling change requests and adjusting distribution timetables under often fluid deadlines
• Perform content availability and entitlement processes; proactively addressing all license windowing anomalies prior to platform syndication
• Reconcile and/or address user stories, process maps, workflow diagrams, and standard operating procedures as needed
Minimum 1 year of experience with:
o digital video file formats, encoding specifications, publishing workflows and troubleshooting techniques
o content management systems trafficking high volume, time sensitive media assets for multi-platform syndication
Working knowledge of;
o MS Office: Word, PowerPoint and, most importantly, Excel
o streaming apps on digital platforms and consumer products
o enterprise OVP services such as MPX, Brightcove and Kaltura
o media transfer protocols, workflows and methods; Aspera, Signiant, etc.
o project management methodologies and systems such as Agile, Scrum or Jira, Trello, Asana, Smartsheet
o MAM and DAM systems
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work weekends
• Must be willing to work evenings, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, New York
• Associate degree or equivalent work experience
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Multi-language asset management and delivery experience
• Excellent and effective communication and collaboration skills
• Experience distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Knowledge of streaming media platforms and services
• Understanding of traditional MVPD distribution in comparison to emerging OTT services: AVOD, SVOD, TVOD, PVOD
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yemx-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.