Analyst, Business Intelligence
Sr. Staff Auditor
Team: Office of the COO
The Sr. Staff Auditor is responsible for assisting the Sr. Director, Internal Audit in the creation and execution of an internal audit plan. S/he is responsible for performing and executing compliance, financial, and operational audits, and special projects under the direct supervision of Senior Director, Internal Audit. The incumbent also examines and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal controls and compliance with Federal and Non-Federal grants.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct financial and compliance audits in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and PBS practices and procedures
• Plan and perform operational audits of PBS departments
• Communicate audit findings and make suggestions for improvements to internal control structures to ensure they adequately prevent and detect errors, fraud, abuse and waste
• Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends
• Help Senior Director of Internal Audit perform annual PBS Enterprise Risk Management Assessment
• Assist with other confidential accounting projects as requested by management and the Audit Committee
Requirements for success:
• Minimum three to four years' experience of auditing experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred.
• Exceptional communication and people skills, both verbal and written
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to ensure high level of accuracy in work; attentive to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly and interact with various levels of employees across all business areas and levels in the organization
• Team player with flexibility, integrity and energy
• Trustworthy with a high degree of discretion and judgment
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.