Senior Manager, Technology Communications - Interconnection
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Communications
The Senior Manager will work with the Vice President, Interconnection within our Digital Product & Innovation organization, and the larger corporate communications team to develop and implement internal stakeholder communications plans for public television's Interconnection system. The Interconnection system infrastructure delivers thousands of hours of content from producers and distributors to stations that in turn provide this content to local communities on a variety of platforms.
As the sole communicator on the Interconnection team, you will be responsible for working with the engineering and technology product owners to build communications strategies and plans designed to drive adoption of new tools and capabilities, and compliance with processes and policies. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly absorb complex technical concepts and translate them into powerful messaging, presentations and speaking points.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop, manage, oversee and sustain communications plans, reports, status updates, training materials and websites associated with Interconnection System projects. (80%)
• Development and dissemination of explanatory materials through email, print, via website and other electronic avenues and through oral presentations for member stations, funding organizations, and other relevant organizations and individuals.
• Serve as a key contact for potential service providers, equipment vendors, member stations and others involved in development of or providing services to the Interconnection System.
• Interface with other PBS departments on issues as they relate to Interconnection projects.
• Represent PBS at internal committee meetings and external industry forums or conferences.
• Serve as PBS Liaison with other national organizations. (15%)
• Perform other duties as assigned. (5%)
Requirements for success:
• Bachelor's degree in business, communications or related field or equivalent experience in business management required.
• Specialized training in business or technology is desirable.
• 6 to 8 years of experience in communications planning, product or technology communications.
• A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, with multiple competing priorities, while paying close attention to detail and provision of quality assurance.
• Excellent written communications skills, with a focus on distilling complex technical concepts into a range of communications materials.
• Superb PowerPoint skills to deliver signature keynote presentations.
• Website and social media development, implementation and support required.
• Experience effectively using modern technology tools to run engaging and informative virtual meetings/webinars and trainings (e.g., Zoom Webinar or WebEx Events).
• Experience with MailChimp and Canva or other email marketing and design tools.
• Project management in broadcasting, multiplatform media systems, software development and/or related business is preferred.
• Knowledge of, or prior experience working in, broadcast television or public broadcasting is highly desirable.
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yk10-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.