Senior Manager, Kids Learn Together Project
Associate, Video Operations (Remote)
Department: Video Strategy and Operations
Corporate Area: PBS Digital & Marketing
Supervisor: Manager, Digital Video Operations
PBS and its member stations have a robust network of streaming video channels to bring the power of public media to all Americans, whenever, wherever, and however they consume content. The Associate of Video Operations is responsible for managing the digital video file delivery process. This includes working cross-departmentally with the PBS Media Operations Center, PBS Distribution, national producers, and internal stakeholders to manage availability and distribution of the free and paid streaming content catalogues. This role will support overall video asset delivery to ensure efficiency and standard procedures are being upheld as it relates to delivery of national content across streaming platforms. Distribution channels include PBS owned-and-operated and third-party streaming video platforms, including but not limited to PBS.org, PBS Video Apps, YouTube, etc.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Contribute to digital video file delivery process in coordination with PBS Media Operations Center, producers, and internal stakeholders
• Support PBS's digital library as it relates to streaming calendar, content windowing, and platform strategies
• Manage multiple streaming version deliverables and additional elements required from internal and external stakeholders for expanded distribution
• Contribute to Digital Video Team's overall content windowing and platform strategies
• Maintain database of programs with upcoming broadcasts and their streaming windows
• Perform quality assurance checks to ensure video content meets PBS Digital standards
• Distribute streaming files and associated metadata to internal and external stakeholders
• Build and implement new processes and workflows as opportunities arise or circumstances evolve across Digital Video Team, Media Operations Center, Programming, and others
• Upload video assets and enter streaming and program information into digital asset management system
• Act as emergency editor for digital video files
• Additional responsibilities as assigned
Requirements for success:
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• 2-to-4 years experience in digital publishing, digital library management, program management, or related functions
• Ability to work in a hybrid remote and in-person environment.
• Experience with content management systems
• Knowledge across non-linear video channels – desktop, mobile, connected television devices
• Video editing skills (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere)
• Experience and an ability to communicate and work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Enthusiastic, flexible team player who is willing and able to acquire new skills
• Interest in gaining experience with digital platforms, streaming services and broadcast networks.
• Ability to take initiative and act independently and proactively.
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r10jk0-3-236-146-28-42 in your application.
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.