Overview & Responsibilities
The Paramount Technology department supports our global content company through the delivery of a high quality viewing experience, system infrastructure support, and crafting innovative ways for our employees to collaborate. If you are interested in a strategy that has growth, transformation, and ongoing innovation where you can help ''reinvent the broadcasting wheel'' Paramount Tech has a role for you!
The Senior Technical Support Representative will provide level 2 technical support to our end users in our Hollywood, CA office. They will maintain and support various technology systems, adhering to strategic department and company standards. The Senior Technical Support Representative will deliver a high level of customer service, multi-level technical support for client software and hardware; including network, server, audio/visual, cloud collaboration, and remote support as needed.
• Execute the primary job function within the Client Tech umbrella including, but not limited to, configuring new laptops, working on support tickets, trouble-shooting technical issues, working on project teams to deliver new products/applications to our end users, etc.
• Provide updates and status reports to Paramount Tech management to ensure work is getting completed in a timely fashion and our customers are receiving quality technical support
• Image desktop/laptops and has the ability to determine specific user needs based on job role
• Optimally communicate technical subject matter to end users & other employees in an easily understood manner
• Ensure consistency to all Paramount Tech processes & policies
• Use ServiceNow platform to log all appropriate incidents & requests
• Operate within a team of Tech support representatives, while maintaining the skills to work autonomously
• Deliver training or orientation to users on Paramount specific applications and technologies
• Maintain accountability for all work completed & work well with team members.
• Work closely with L1 teams (i.e. Service Desk), other Desktop Teams, and all Paramount Tech personnel to provide quality technical support to our end users
• Coordinate, prioritize, and solve multiple issues simultaneously in a timely and efficient manner
• Provides support to user's afterhours when necessary
• Escalates incidents/requests when needed
• Ensure technology assets are maintained in our system of record
• Work with other technical departments to support infrastructure HW & SW and assist with projects
• Provide on-site support to live television and production events
• Travel to other Paramount offices when necessary to provide on-site support
• Provides support to users afterhours when necessary
• Escalates incidents/requests when needed
• Heavy lifting including large monitors and printers weighing up to 50 lbs
• Some travel is possible
• Has 5 or more years' experience in system administration, customer service, and client support
• Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook/Office 365, OneDrive, SharePoint for Windows.
• Ability to fix remote technologies (i.e. VPN, Citrix Client, VPN, VDI, Remote Desktop, and wireless solutions).
• Strong customer service skills, positive attitude, excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Exceptional knowledge of all Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
• Strong knowledge of ticket workflow software (i.e. ServiceNow).
• Strong knowledge of PC and MAC systems, laptops, and printer hardware.
• Knowledge of video conferencing setup and troubleshooting (i.e. Cisco, Zoom)
• Ability to support mobile devices
• Ability to independently solve and implement new technologies as they emerge
• Attention to detail and follow-through
• Experience using ServiceNow
• Experience providing tech support to senior leaders in a corporate environment
• B.A. / B.S. in computer science or related study
• Well-qualified candidates will possess CompTIA A+, N+, and other certifications supporting the skills and knowledge listed above.
• Microsoft certifications
• Apple certifications
• ITIL certifications
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79xe9-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.