This position plays a key role in the Studio accounting and corporate controllership areas including reviewing and posting journals, reporting, analysis, and related tasks. In addition, this position will be an integral part of preparing the support for reporting to ViacomCBS. This position reports to the Paramount Director Corporate Reporting based in Los Angeles, and there will be significant interaction with Business Unit accounting teams, the planning teams and ViacomCBS.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Perform accounting and record keeping functions. Review / post journal entries in SAP, reconcile balance sheet accounts, ensure clearing of suspense accounts, and prepare intercompany confirmation schedules.
• Run monthly Studio Project Settlements and Allocation Models
• Prepare monthly Close Calendar
• Prepare quarterly reporting to ViacomCBS including lease, related party, balance sheet deck and other deliverables
• Prepare both monthly and quarterly deliverables for Planning
• Prepare periodic tax and governmental statistics reports
• Validate both Quarterly and YTD OI FX Impact File and Earnings Books
• Assist with both internal and external audit requests
• Assist corporate and studio controllers with ad hoc projects as needed
• Supervise, train and mentor staff
• Ensure compliance with company and Viacom policies
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Business or related field
• CPA preferred; Public Accounting Experience strongly preferred
• Proficient in financials systems, preferably SAP General Ledger and Hyperion
• Minimum of 5 years related work experience
• Experience managing a team of 1-2 staff
• Proficient in financial analysis, US GAAP, accounting close cycle and both internal and external financial reporting
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate change
• Willing to work based on Los Angeles work hours and overtime to meet deadlines including at month and quarter ends
• Detail oriented and possess strong analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload efficiently and meet strict deadlines
• Experience in the Entertainment and Media industry preferred
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkjpq-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.