Overview & Responsibilities
Paramount Technology has embarked on an exciting multi-year integration, transformation, and Cloud deployment strategy, spanning worldwide across all technology areas. We are looking for experienced business intelligence / data analyst change agents to join the Media Supply Chain team who can successfully identify, create, and implement transformation programs aligned to our strategies.
The Manager, Business Analytics will play a pivotal role in supporting the team across business planning, analysis, and decision-support for the future-state integrated Paramount design as directed by Technology leadership. You will be working with most levels of the organization – from senior leadership to hands-on execution – to support our various transformation activities. This position will report to the VP, Media Supply Chain Analysis.
• Lead the business analysis phase of a project within our Media Supply Chain and Streaming / OTT space. This includes leading requirements gathering sessions to understand and document our complex business / reporting needs, including clarification of vague or unclear requirements.
• Build & Deliver reports and dashboards showing the health of key performance metrics for our senior leadership. This includes post-launch improvements and integration of additional data sets to the existing set of reports / dashboard.
• Assist in designing/building full analytics stack: Data Sources integration, Ingestion, ETL, Data Warehouse Schema, BI Tooling, AI/ML
• Lead our multi-functional streaming projects using data and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
• Develop fact-based, data-driven measurements of business performance in collaboration with management.
• Analyze and support our existing operations to find opportunities for improvement and/or automation. Proactively uncover opportunities for process automation as input for potential process redesign efforts.
• Use data to build models that depict trends and business insights. Provide clear, insightful interpretation of available internal and external data.
• Work multi-functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities.
• Build workflow diagrams to document current and future state business environments.
• Review test / data validation plans against requirements for completeness and accuracy.
• Develop and maintain documentation for reporting and analytical improvements.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field (Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, Systems, Business, or related scientific / technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Solid experience with collecting reporting requirements and transforming ideas into dashboards / reports (e.g., in Tableau or similar BI and data visualization tools) with good attention to detail with a penchant for data accuracy.
• Strong problem-solving skills via a methodical and logical approach
• 5+ years of direct experience as a business analyst in a corporate environment; 4+ years' experience analyzing and reporting on financial or project data.
• Strong collaboration and teamwork; ability to work in an agile fashion across teams.
• Strong problem-solving skills via a methodical and logical approach.
• Good communication and written skills.
• 5+ years of experience in Streaming / OTT / SVOD / AVOD / FAST working with tech & data teams within the Media & Entertainment space.
• Strong proficiency with SQL
• Familiarity with AWS, particularly RDS/DynamoDB, S3 and Lambda
• Scripting ability (Python) and associated data manipulation and visualization libraries (Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib)
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Experience developing business process maps / visual flow representation.
• Experience in Media Supply Chain and operations improvements is a plus.
• Familiarity with Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) framework, Agile/Lean Principles a plus.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zk8x-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.