Overview and Responsibilities
CBS Studios is one of the industry's leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services, and other emerging platforms.
The external auditor is a teammate primarily responsible for carrying out specific audit assignments to verify that invoiced television, PSA, and episodic streaming program costs are following contract terms. This position works independently to verify costs, prepare work papers in support of work performed; discuss findings with and draft audit findings in audit reports: for CBS Studios, CBS Network, Showtime, Paramount TV, and support for other Paramount Global divisions. This role will work closely with Studio departments, Business Affairs, Production Finance, and external studios related divisions. This position covers all aspects of audit including and license fee, deficit, breakage, residuals, development, collective bargaining agreement, union guild audits, insurance claim audits. This person will report to the VP External Production Audit.
• Perform cost verification audits of outside suppliers' production costs under the direction of the VP of audit, including planning and audit settlement. Typical audit assignments include cost verification of pilots and series, residuals, and special breakage deal reimbursements
• Document work performed in work papers and quantify audit exceptions
• Communicate audit findings to internal management and outside producers
• Draft and issue audit reports to internal partners
• Assist in special project assignments as needed
• Conduct contract compliance audits of television show costs with minimal direct supervision.
• Analyze legal contracts, verify production costs, conduct detailed audit testing, and document audit issues while quantifying audit exceptions that will ultimately confirm or reduce invoiced show costs.
• Minimum of 2 years of Production Finance External Audit experience required Studio Majors or media and Studio experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field preferred
• MBA or Law degree a plus
• Strong negotiating, strategic and analytical abilities, capable of accurately carrying out the fundamentals of auditing
• ability to analyze contractual terms and understand union rules and requirements
• strong administrative skills, including the ability to balance multiple assignments simultaneously
• a self-starter, adaptable, persuasive, and perceptive with superior communication skills
• ability to see a project through to completion and take job ownership
• good practical judgment and decision-making skills
• proficiency with excel spreadsheets
At all levels of Finance, every employee is expected to embody these core competencies:
• Complete goals and deadlines.
• Influence and effectively communicate with others to drive work forward
• Design, apply, and interpret robust analytical solutions to support decisions
• Positively supply to a culture of people development and learning
• Uphold ways of working that promote DE&I advocacy
• Translate the ''big picture'' vision into a clear action plan
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm92y6-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.