Overview and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Director to oversee incoming audits of the various Paramount Global divisions! Including but not limited to Paramount Pictures, CBS Studios, Showtime, Viacom Networks, etc. Responsibilities include supporting the various divisions and business units with a wide range of contract compliance, participations, residuals, payroll, litigation, and other financial data research and support. This will include joint management of a staff team that focuses on obtaining and preparing supporting data for incoming audit requests and liaising between accounting personnel and external auditors. The Director – Participation & Residual Audits will review contract terms, analyze the financial impact of audit results, and provide feedback on issues identified from the flow of financial data through multiple systems over the course of the audit lifecycle.
We hope to onboard an enthusiastic teammate to add to our dynamic group that manages audit projects across the entirety of Paramount Global brands! The ideal candidate is well organized, eager to take initiative and resolution oriented.
Reporting to the VP - Finance, and in partnership with supporting other Directors in the Audit Group, this position will:
• Initiate audit setup and monitor progress in audit management tool; prepare status reports and provide updates for VP Finance and SVP of department throughout the audit lifecycle
• Handle and assess workload for audit staff team to efficiently delegate various audit assignments and tasks requiring data in various formats and sources
• Review supporting staff's work and sufficiency of audit deliverables and resolving any discrepancies from the reconciliation of general ledger data extracts
• Evaluate and advise on the compilation of financial data, removal of extraneous data, or redaction of confidential documentation as deemed necessary prior to providing to external parties
• Organize and lead meetings with the appropriate stakeholders across the organization to address potential accounting errors and propose alternatives and correction options
• Research and interpret key contractual terms to determine the appropriate treatment of financial data that impacts statements reported to third parties
• Coordinate and prepare outstanding issues and application of contract terms between Contract Accounting/Reporting departments and the audit staff team Analyze claims and conduct additional research in defense of litigation as needed
• Understand Residuals / Guild reporting and audit process in order to address claims as a result of queries, arbitration claim letters, or audit reports
• Prepare presentations and identify solutions and scenarios analysis in support of settlement discussions for Labor Relations, Business Affairs and/or external counsel
• Serve as key contact to communicate and coordinate with external third parties (e.g., auditors, participants, and their representatives, etc.)
• Perform various projects such as research, special projects and statistical analysis as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting (or related field)
• Minimum 10 years related work experience in Entertainment-related company (studio, guilds, production company)
• Participation and Residuals accounting knowledge
• Interest in data analysis or data warehousing skills (BW or other similar query tools) and a thorough understanding of and interest in various GL accounting and ERP systems (SAP / Oracle preferred)
• Shown success with organizational expertise and project management skills are critical
• Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word, Microsoft Access and PowerPoint are important
• Proactive self-starter
• Excellent teammate and team leader
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing industry and organizational landscape
• Strong project management skills with a track record of handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Computer modeling and large database analysis capability are essential
• Willingness to accept responsibility for projects/processes and ability to work with limited direct supervision
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Collective Bargaining agreements understanding and/or residuals experience
• Public accounting (audit) or internal audit experience
• CPA candidate or CPA designation preferred
• Actively seeks diverse views and fosters an inclusive team environment
• May require limited travel
• Complete goals and deadlines.
• Influence and effectively communicate with others to drive work forward
• Design, apply, and interpret robust analytical solutions to support decisions
• Positively contribute to a culture of people development and learning
• Uphold ways of working that promote DE&I advocacy
• Translate the ''big picture'' vision into a clear action plan
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rojvk1-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.