Overview and Responsibilities
The Music Business and Legal Affairs Creative Music Strategy group for Paramount Production is seeking an experienced attorney to join our team.
• Negotiate, draft and conclude renewals and new Paramount global agreements with Record Labels and Music Publishers.
• Negotiate, draft and conclude license agreements with United States performance rights organizations. Coordinate with such organizations.
• Operationalize Paramount music agreements across Paramount globally, advise on coverage and interpretation.
• Support our Creative Music Strategy team on music policy and strategy across Paramount related to Music Creation, Music Acquisitions, Paramount Music Library, Composers, Music Licensing, Commercial Releases, Soundtracks, Consumer Products and Paramount Music Publishing.
• Support SVP of Music BALA on litigation for music-related matters.
• Work on music-related audits.
• Review and/or negotiate and draft music talent deals, production development deals with music components, PRO and music-rights components in Studio Deals, Soundtrack deals, composer agreements, administration/co-publishing agreements, boilerplate music agreement forms, music distribution agreements and library music acquisitions agreements for Paramount Library.
• Advise our client groups, Creative Music Strategy, and internal BALA teams on various music-rights matters, including relating to existing and new deals.
• Partner with Labor BALA team on Interpretation and application of music issues with guilds.
• Licensed attorney with at least 5 years' experience, admitted to practice in NY, CA and/or TN.
• Record label, music publishing or equivalent music business affairs expertise is essential.
• Studio or Network Music Business Affairs, and production experience is a major plus.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r72x3q-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.