Sr Director Of Product, Cont Systems
New York, NY
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Our product team is responsible for Paramount+ global digital subscription experiences across Web, App & TV. We represent internationally recognised brands that are distributed worldwide to fans of our shows, movies, sports, specials and live events. To ensure we're providing an amazing experience for our customers and meeting ambitious company goals, we closely collaborate with business, marketing, legal, development, quality assurance, & customer support teams across different international time-zones.
The Sr. Director, Product Management - Content Experience role will oversee a group within our global content digital experiences and will manage product directors that are responsible for scrum teams in an agile product development environment. You will be a direct conduit between product organization leadership to help define/prioritize/refine our roadmap inline with our OKRs. And, the ideal candidate will work closely with their product leads to convert strategy and goals into detailed user stories, informative A/B tests, clear hypotheses with measurable KPIs and actionable acceptance criteria. This requires the skills to execute competitive analysis, technical discovery, troubleshooting and a general understanding of web & application development.
• Work closely with the VP of Product Content and other cross-group leadership to ensure we have a clear long-term vision and oversee successful execution of our quarterly/annual goals.
• Oversee product directors responsible for product teams outlining highly-technical user stories, requirements & acceptance criteria for new features to refine/execute with our scrum teams.
• Work closely with cross-group leads to help solve tough/complex issues that are presented through product ideation, definition, assessment, management & development cycles.
• Review deliverables from scrum teams and evaluate success based on product-specified acceptance criteria.
• Ensure that product documentation & presentations are properly communicated throughout the relevant organization.
• Support product directors to collaborate cross-team on complex data/systems structures & software in a release-train model.
• Hire best-in-market product team members and empower our lean team methodology to operate at a global scale.
• Powerful communicator, collaborator, team lead & mentor.
• Strategic thinker & problem solver.
• Comfortable with context switching from long-term strategy vs. day-to-day oversight.
• Strong grasp of basic computer science principles & knowledge of modern development technologies.
• 6+ years managing consumer-facing, mass-distribution software products within a complex Agile workplace.
• 4+ years managing teams focused on product development/management.
• Expert in OKR principles to connect our business Objectives with measurable Key Results.
• Experience with all aspects of Scaled Agile methodologies, rituals and familiarity with Atlassian collaboration products.
• Knowledge of media personalization logic as well as an understanding of recommendation algorithms via machine learning.
• Well versed with analytic tools - eg: Adobe Analytics, Amplitude, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform.
• Deep knowledge managing end-to-end A/B multivariate testing.
• Experience with consumer-facing video streaming experiences including media-centric information architecture.
• History with International web & applications / D2C subscription of premium services.
• Familiar with MAM, RMS, CMS and other supporting services to drive content in online media experiences.
• Solid understanding of UI/UX and UXR principles.
• Technical Degree or related technical experience.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8ze6x-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.