Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Paramount crafts entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
About Core Services:
The Core Services team is responsible for most of the high-volume services that power the range of Pluto TV client applications and devices!
Apps under our stewardship include service discovery, program guide, video-on-demand catalog, search/recommendation, user profile/authentication/personalization, Digital Rights Management (DRM), watchlist, geo/device lookup, and many more.
• Build and maintain backend APIs and services that will be used by Pluto TV client applications and other services. These APIs will need to be highly available and performant under high levels of traffic
• Actively participate in the design and architecture phases of upcoming features and services
• Core Services developers go beyond taking ownership of their code, but also the infrastructure automation that enables their code to be deployed, migrated, and upgraded successfully across multiple environments, with zero downtime
• Promote an inclusive, positive team culture and mutual respect
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking:
• 4+ years of experience in software development
• 2+ years experience building highly performant, scalable, and available backend APIs and services
• 3+ years of experience building containerized applications (e.g. Docker)
• Strong technical interpersonal skills
• AWS, or similar cloud experience, or strong understanding of cloud concepts
• Must be able to work effectively in a remote, collaborative, and distributed team environment
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 1+ years developing with Golang and excellent understanding of Golang programming concepts OR willingness to learn!
• Experience working deeply with AWS technologies such as EKS, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, Elasticache, Aurora/RDS, SQS, SNS, and more
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying one or more services that have high-volume (RPS) and/or broad usage (MAUs)
• Intermediate to expert knowledge of EKS, GKE, AKS, or vanilla Kubernetes with practical experience
• Previous experience with video streaming platform
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb548x-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.