Overview & Responsibilities:
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for handling monthly and quarterly close activities within the Motion Picture Financial Reporting Group.
The role reports to the Paramount Director, based in Los Angeles, and there will be significant interaction with Business Unit accounting teams!
• Responsible for the calculation and recording of month-end accruals for domestic theatrical revenue, print and distribution costs in accordance with the accounting guidance set forth in SOP 00-02
• Perform monthly G/L account reconciliations
• Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting including the balance sheet deck, balance sheet reconciliations and fluctuation analyses
• Reconcile and analyze Accounts Receivable from sub-system to SAP system
• Record monthly/quarterly journal entries, monitor and clear suspense accounts for Motion Picture Group
• Prepare quarterly roll forward and supplemental schedules
• Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley cycle documentation, audit testing, identify areas of control risk and design and recommend mitigating control procedures
• Identify, recommend and implement operational improvements to drive efficiencies in the organization
• Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis as determined by internal management
• Bachelor's required, a focus in Finance, Accounting or related area preferred
• 3+ years of related experience in Finance/or Accounting
• Proficient in financials systems, preferably SAP General Ledger and Hyperion
• CPA is a plus
• Strong accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP
• Knowledge in advanced MS excel
• Strong communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability and flexibility to meet tight deadlines particularly during quarterly close
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qw8y-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.