Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, its portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the US television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, Paramount provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview & Responsibilities
We at Paramount are looking for a highly skilled Data Engineer to join our team! Our ideal candidate is an experienced data engineer who can just as easily optimize an existing solution as well as build a new one! Once here, you will be responsible for crafting new data pipelines and analytic solutions for clients across the enterprise, which includes supporting our client's data initiatives and ensuring efficient data delivery architecture. The right person will be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
• Create and maintain robust data pipeline architecture.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
• Automate manual processes, optimize data delivery, improve scalability.
• Build what is required for efficient extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, the AWS stack, Web Services, and Snowflake.
• Build analytics solutions to provide practical insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with partners and others to assist with fixing and resolving issues.
• Work with data and analytics experts to improve functionality in our data systems.
• At least 5+ years of experience in data engineering environments.
• Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift.
• Experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, etc.
• Experience with relational SQL databases, including Snowflake or BigQuery.
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or other related field.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq9j31-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.