Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Our team is responsible for the creation and management of unique marketing concepts and executions to help promote Paramount Streaming programming, tentpole events, paramountplus.com, and our premiere streaming service: Paramount+. We directly support the Marketing, Network, and Executive teams to implement their market vision.
We are recruiting for an Art Director for the Social Design team to lead creative development of social campaigns, partnering with social strategy leads and aligning with campaign creative directors. You will lead a team of designers and collaborate with teams across Paramount and agencies. The Art Director has the ability to direct complex design challenges. They develop creative concepts, campaigns and visual solutions that transcend the design area they are in.
As an Art Director, you will lead and support the development and execution of original's and the brand's multi-platform creative concepts and campaigns, design, and messaging strategies across social media graphics. You will partner with colleagues to create and develop concepts and designs in-house and with agencies, and help roll out those ideas cross-platform. You will also review and approve designs from in-house teams and agencies. You will push the boundaries and break new ground in the world of social marketing for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter across brand and originals. Come join our growing team!
• Work closely and collaboratively with a variety of teams. This includes creative executives, producers, creative directors, digital marketing designers, and project managers, all while helping to ensure creative is high-level and on-brand.
• Use your detailed understanding of typography, composition, layout, color theory, logo design and concepting to lead brainstorming sessions, inspire creative solutions, and organize concepts for pitches and cross team collaboration.
• Collaborate with Creative Directors and Social Strategy leads.
• Creative Kick-offs with Designers on various projects.
• Organize, coordinate and implement various design projects from concept through delivery. This includes larger ongoing design projects as well as shorter, simpler projects.
• Ability to work quickly and effectively under tight deadlines - without sacrificing design quality or overall creativity.
• Understand workflows in a complex design team, knowledge of files, formats, and platforms to support all design areas, principally social, but also motion, display and key art.
• Work alongside Design Directors to uphold and develop brand rules and solutions from multiple teams and external agencies.
• Maintain awareness of new creative trends in design and digital media and a creative sensibility that extends across content genres.
• Be able to work independently and manage several projects simultaneously.
• Research different ways to motivate and inspire the team with new methodology, tips, tricks, and procedures.
• Use your design expertise to review unique creative and production builds from designers, help them innovate and give them guidance on how to improve their designs, maintain stability, and create the most dynamic marketing possible in a positive manner while enforcing brand guidelines.
• 8+ years of Entertainment Advertising experience.
• 3+ Years Experience Managing direct reports, preferably in a creative environment.
• 3+ Years leading and managing social creative
• Able to present a solid portfolio showcasing groundbreaking marketing and graphic design.
• Solid understanding of common design issues, challenges and guidelines.
• An insatiable drive to push creative boundaries. Expert concepting solutions that help Paramount+ stand out as a business.
• The ability to show a calm presence and a professional demeanor while communicating with representatives from all levels throughout the company, including but not limited to VPs, SVPs and C-Suite executives.
• Leadership qualities including integrity, perseverance, acceptance and inclusion.
• The ability to mentor and problem-solve. You're a creative influencer for both designers on your team and partners on other teams.
• The ability to manage creative teams, both with our internal direct reports and our external vendor partners.
• Confidence in your marketing and design prowess, with near expert photo manipulation / comping / masking / retouching experience, and proficiency in Adobe's Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop and Illustrator).
• The desire to be an all-around leader with the temperament to listen and be a great teammate.
• A curiosity about pop culture and understanding about the current trajectory of new media!
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, enthusiasm and a fine eye for detail.
• You are able to work both independently and with a team, be able to mentor, inspire and lead others, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal partners and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy4qep-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.