Do you have a love for telling the stories in sports by shooting, crafting, and editing videos that engage audiences across various media platforms? We want you to join us! Honored as an Emmy Award recipient, the Oklahoma City Thunder's in-house broadcast department is committed to delivering a high-quality product to our fans as we tell the story of our brand. By joining us as Video Photographer / Editor, you are a part of a team of creative professionals, collaborating to build a polished product. You will be responsible for shoots and edits for a wide variety of assigned events including, but not limited to, practices, community events, and in-arena game footage. The ideal candidate will be both video journalist and video graphic designer, with the communication and writing skills needed to combine elements to tell a story.
In this role you will:
• Operates team-owned camera equipment and works on delivering content across all Thunder media digital platforms. TV/Radio, Bally Sports Oklahoma, Social Media, and website
• Work as a ''one-person band'' reporting, writing and editing features
• Shoot home-game responsibilities, community relations events, conversation sit downs with players and features for Social Media platforms
• Collaborate with other departments and corporate entities to help create cross-functional video production opportunities supporting community impact storytelling.
• Stay current on web video technologies and industry trends. Make recommendations to continually innovate and improve operations and enhance the video experience for fans and guests.
• Create static graphics and animations used in various features for all digital platforms.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field or equivalent work or military experience
• Minimum 2 years' experience shooting/editing, live, live-to-tape, or taped programming
• Resume Reel of previous work experience required
• Strong non-linear editing skills, Avid and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
• Possess solid writing skills. Evidence of creativity and innovation in developing project and story ideas.
• Proficiency in photography styles and techniques while being an expert editor required
• Understanding of video encoding, codecs and formatting projects for appropriate channels.
• Comprehensive knowledge of NBA Basketball
• Ability to successfully plan and field-produce shoots
• Excellent oral communication skills and proven ability to work well in a team environment
• Work quickly and accurately under pressure, understanding the impact of timing on the needs of others
Work schedule will include office hours as well as evenings, weekends and holidays. Driver's license and insurance required along with reliable transportation, with some local travel required. Physical requirements of the job may include lifting 50 pounds, working outdoor events in adverse weather conditions, or working games in an environment with high noise levels. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director, Broadcast Production.
We offer a robust benefits package including excellent medical/dental/vision coverage, 401k with matching funds, tuition reimbursement and much more!
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nyb8-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.