Remote / Virtual
Location: Location: Remote, with a Hybrid option. Our office is based in Soho, London. All applicants must be in the UK.
Reports To: Directors
The Head of CG is a highly technical leader, a pivotal role that ultimately ensures the delivery of high quality CG on high-end films & episodic. The Head of CG will be accountable for anefficient and effective pipeline – including restructuring as well as enhancing the existing pipeline, ensuring all the CG team are working to their full potential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Head of CG will oversee the 3D Supervisors (CG Supervisors and Department Supervisors) and Pipeline TDs– advising and mentoring both creatively, strategically and technically; maintaining an ongoing focus on efficiency and optimisation.
· The role Head of CG will include studio-wide planning, software evaluation & tool design.
· Liaising with HoDs on company-wide matters.
· Responsible for pipeline technique and workflow, developing systems that are designed to improve efficiency, speed and quality.
· Responsible for the development of production tools and techniques as well as department’s software; including, licensing, machines, render and storage needs.
· Involved with the bidding process & pitches; ensuring the VFX Producer & VFX Supervisor are aligned for accurately estimated costings, timeframes, assignments and scheduling.
· Supports Supervisors, Production Management, and Leads to resolve conflicts effectively; assuring a positive and productive work environment with effective communication.
· Oversees the completion of show post-mortems and end of show reports.
· Implement training for junior artists and guide senior’s professional development.
· Assist with other relevant tasks the company might need help with, inside reasonable parameters.
5+ years CG Supervision experience.
As a leader, needs to set the standard for the CG team, continually raise the bar for efficient quality work.
Strong supervision skills both inhouse and on-set.
Advanced knowledge of CG pipelines essential.
Have a thorough understanding of onset workflows from data acquisition through to show supervision.
Possess a strong working knowledge of Autodesk Maya & Shotgrid.
Knowledge of and experience with Real Time rendering technologies and principles.
Strong working knowledge of Linux.
Knowledge of Python and scripting would be useful but not essential.
Strong knowledge in general compositing principles.
Strong leadership skills, a clear and confident communicator.
Ability to demonstrate superb problem solving skills.
Very creative and design orientated with a strong aesthetic sensibility.
Experienced with pipeline issues.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw1yn2-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.
Please send your CV specifying “Head of CG” within the subject line.
On-line showreels and links to websites are welcome. Please also include a shot breakdown showing specifically what your role entailed per shot/sequence.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.