Senior Product Manager, Station Tools
Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success. We are committed to doing the right thing in our journalism and in every role at NPR. This means that integrity, adherence to our ethical standards, and compliance with legal obligations are fundamental responsibilities for every employee at NPR.
NPR Audience Technology is committed to delivering high quality listening, reading and viewing experiences across all platforms. As a senior mobile engineer, you will work on high-performing Scrum teams in a collaborative environment. You will be involved in all aspects of the SDLC for existing and new NPR iOS apps, from planning to development to release and maintenance.
• Implement new product features, working closely with designers, product managers, our Editorial team and other stakeholders
• Maintain the existing codebase, optimizing performance, adding unit tests, refactoring existing code as needed using a test-driven development mindset
• Contribute to all aspects of our SDLC, from planning to development to code reviews to release and maintenance.
• Mentor & coach junior developers
• Other duties as assigned
This is a remote permitted role. This role is based out of our Washington DC office but the employee may choose to work on a remote basis from a location that NPR approves.
• Proficiency in Swift, SwiftUI, AVFoundation & Objective-C
• familiarity with 'async/await'
• Reactive frameworks such as Combine & RxSwift
• Strong object-oriented & protocol-oriented programming skills
• Knowledge of design patterns & software architecture (specifically concepts such as ''clean'' architecture & dependency injection.)
• Unit Testing frameworks (preferably XCTest)
• Experience working with RESTful APIs
• Experience working with Git (bonus if you can use it via the command line.)
• Experience managing external dependencies (CocoaPods/Swift Package Manager.)
• Experience with Instruments & device performance optimization.
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience working with CICD tools (Fastlane, CircleCI)
• Experience with rapid prototyping
• A passion for NPR's content and/or familiarity with our digital products
• Creativity, initiative, thirst for innovation & learning
• Acute attention to detail
• Ability to analyze needs from both internal and external stakeholders & offer technical solutions based on those needs.
• Vigor for crafting well-tested, well-documented & elegantly structured code
• Thrives in a collaborative / cooperative environment.
• Empathy for users and passion for crafting great user experiences
• Good oral and written communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xqm4-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.