The finance division encourages transparency, honesty with, and reliance on each other to accomplish goals and tasks. All positions within the division are expected to perform daily, monthly, ad hoc and annual tasks, as needed. Division member performance is measured by internal and external third parties based on the timely and accurate delivery of service, so the division cannot tolerate an individual contributing less than their full commitment each and every day. The Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer, Controller, Assistant Controller and Accounts Payable Supervisor emphasize that staff be viewed by our clients as a trusted advisor.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will report to and support the Accounts Payable Supervisor in performing the weekly, monthly, and annual cash disbursement processes.
• Processing weekly cash disbursement requests which involves (a) verifying approval on all invoices/check requests, (b) coding invoices, (c) updating and maintaining vendor database, (d) auditing and verifying employee expense reports, (e) reconciling vendor statements and investigating vendor payment matters, (f) matching purchase orders against applicable support (e.g., vendor invoices, corporate purchase card, NPR staff purchase cards, etc.), (g) responding to questions and requests for information from NPR staff and third party vendors, (h) compiling payment information for NPR staff and third party vendors, and (i) maintaining accounts payable files.
• Enforce NPR cash disbursement compliance requirements and support existing internal control structure.
• Assist Accounts Payable team in reviewing and gathering data during the annual preparation of vendor Internal Revenue Service Forms 1099.
• Process and reconcile wires.
• Process and track unclaimed property on an annual basis.
• Perform ad-hoc analyses as requested.
Critical factors to success:
• Participate in developing the morale and spirit of the division team and support a workplace respectful of diversity.
• Ability to shift priorities to achieve all high value work.
• Maintain confidential information in an appropriate manner.
• Build productive relationships throughout the organization.
• Serve as trusted point of contact for NPR staff.
• Maintain thorough and accurate files and documentation.
• Support achievement, team, department, division, and organizational goals.
• Ability to professionally receive and follow both oral and written instructions.
• Bachelor degree in accounting or a related field from a four-year accredited institution is a differentiating factor.
• Minimally, two to three years of detailed, hands-on experience in the cash disbursement process.
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel Skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in use of general ledger and other computer system applications, specifically with cash disbursement modules (experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP will be a differentiating factor).
• • Detailed oriented, efficient, multi-tasker while still maintaining accuracy in a deadline-driven environment.
• Maintain professionalism and a flexible attitude in a changing environment.
• Demonstrate excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Preferred Skills:
• Accounts Payable experience in an automated accounting environment.
• Comfortable working independently and following tasks through to completion and meeting commitments, actively seeking mentorship as necessary.
• Familiarity with use of third party software to capture information related to check requests, along with subsequent importing into accounting system, will be a differentiating factor
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7zbj-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.