Senior Social Editor
Vice Media Group
New York, NY
The Growth Marketing team is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative, creative candidate for a role as the team's Content Coordinator. This role will provide an opportunity for they to become an expert on interactivity, Nickelodeon's brand & properties, and the media through which they are experienced. They must be confident in their skills, adaptable, curious, and communicative. They should be able to speak passionately and effectively about the content they produce, as well as the space(s) wherein that content is consumed.
As the Content Coordinator – Growth Marketing, this person will support Nickelodeon's brand marketing initiatives, properties, and live events. Through the lens of interactivity, an ideal candidate will know and understand our target audience and strive to find ways to engage with them in innovative ways. They will ideate upon and create content that supports and complements cross-platform objectives, both on- and off-channel. This includes, but is not limited to: interactive experiences, microsite editorial, App content, voting experiences, SEO, awards submissions, and more.
Additionally, they will: participate in content & marketing brainstorms, coordinate with site designers (providing assets & creative direction); assist Interactive Production in QA-ing and testing experiences; liaise with external vendors regarding content needs & innovations; keep detailed documentation of all content that will live on our web & app pages. Experience with and understanding of video & photo editing software is also a plus.
Content coordination requires a thorough understanding of and appreciation for Nickelodeon programming. Together, we'll form fun, creative solutions to expand Nickelodeon's brand in an increasingly diverse interactive landscape.
The ideal candidate has creative & editorial experience, as well as experience in Content Management Systems, JIRA, and Basecamp. The position will report directly to Senior Content Manager – Growth Marketing.
• Writing & editing copy for sites & app – including but not limited to:
• Interactive experiences (Live events, programming stunts, linear enhancements, off-channel initiatives, and on-the-ground executions)
• The Screens Up App
• Voting experiences (Kids' Choice Awards)
• Content rollouts and site editorial corresponding with launches and re-launches (includes trivia, polls, quizzes, gifs/videos, and more)
• SEO copy (includes SEO title/description and SEO keywords)
• Video Encoding & Publishing – learn our CMS and workflows to order, ingest, and publish videos live to our sites
• Asset gathering and Design coordination – using our internal database & external photo options in order to find design assets to pair with the aforementioned content, then working with the design team to see that assets are delivered in a timely fashion
• Partnership with Interactive Producers – coordinating w/ internal representatives and external vendors.
• Work toward solutions to ensure interactive content/editorial projects undergo best implementations.
• Participation in interactive dress rehearsals – to prepare for forthcoming events and to assist in proofreading the experiences for copy errors & design flaws
• Brainstorming – actively ideating within the Interactive team for creative solutions; additional ideation wherever else necessary (including with on-air creative, social, pro-social, YouTube, consumer marketing, & more).
• Occasional video editing – for sizzle reels to accompany award submissions; possible low-budget, fun compilation videos to accompany certain site pages
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience working in creative field(s), content creation, and/or copy writing
• Experience working within a CMS (Content Management System)
• Must be confident in their skills, adaptable, a fast learner, and communicative about personal & team goals.
• Must be able to speak passionately and effectively about the content produced and where it should be consumed on the platform.
• Ability to multi-task & work on several projects at a time
Additional Desirable Qualifications
• Collaborative spirit w/ excellence in relationship-building
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Experience in interactive endeavors (including but not limited to Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Second-Screen Experiences)
• Knowledge & understanding of the Nickelodeon brand & its current programming
• Experience in creating content tied to network events
• Ability to think quickly & make adjustments during live, televised moments
• Excellent interpersonal skills & social awareness
• Knowledge of the current content landscape & how children consume media
• Experience with Adobe Premiere
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop
• Experience with Adobe After Effects
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk580-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.