Compositing Artist (Star Trek: Prodigy)
Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Compositing Artist for Star Trek: Prodigy. Extensive knowledge of Nuke is required. Strong knowledge of Maya is needed. A good generalist skillset is helpful. The ideal candidate is compassionate and an extraordinary teammate. Develop lighting looks and light rigs for our CG Shows and for lighting and compositing final scenes.
• Assist in adjusting the look of scenes at the final rendered picture that meets the vision of the Director and the Supervisors.
• Support the lighting and compositing lead to achieving high-quality looks while working in a fast-paced environment with high output requirements.
• Able to work independently on creative look development using commercial and proprietary lighting and compositing tools.
• Assist in developing techniques to render the necessary layers with appropriate compositing software with detailed documentation.
• Rendering the necessary layers in Maya and compositing with appropriate compositing software for assigned episodes of shows that are in production, while following the production pipeline set in place by Nickelodeon for vendor studios and ensuring the quality of the show is not compromised.
• Take direction from the VFX supervisor, Lighting & Comp supervisor, and the Lighting lead to establishing suitable work techniques and lighting tools as well as macros for 2D and 3D software for other collaborators with detailed documentation explaining tools and techniques.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with Nuke and Maya software.
• Digital touch-up and painting ability.
• B.A. or B.S. in Animation or related field preferred.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk38vp-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.