2 NEWS is looking for an experienced weekday evening anchor. The ideal candidate will be a newsroom leader who is a self-starter and a good newsroom citizen. We are looking for someone with solid news judgement who is on top of their game when it comes to covering breaking news and weather.
The News Anchor serves as a presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Produces packages that fit the Working for You brand.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a field anchor/reporter as assigned.
• Conducts live interviews during newscasts.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances. Represents station at community and non-profit events.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Writes content for WDTN.com and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum five years' experience in news reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ok8e-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.